Evolution Eventually

Evolution Eventually

41 x 33 inches
acrylic on canvas
$5500

This piece is painted on 4 separate  16" x 20" canvases that are bound together with 3/4" x 1" pine. I worked on each individual canvas separately, occasionally putting them all together to unify the form and colors of the Tree. It was only when I felt that each canvas could stand on it's own as a completed piece that I put them all together. I began this painting during the end of my senior year at St. Bonaventure University in 2006. I put it down for about a year when I left for Mississippi to do some Hurricane Katrina cleanup. While in Biloxi, MS I met 2 arborists who I worked closely with in a Live Oak Tree rejuvenation effort. When I returned to my home in NY, I dove into this piece with a completely new appreciation of our great trees.